Monday, February 11, 2008

Lucy Walker

Secure that a sub sandwich (read previous blog) would not suffice as a mobile communication tool, I again scoured the pacific coast for a new cell phone. I came to purchase the Blackberry Curve in what was a fairly straight forward and all together common transaction. The phone came with many widgets, many of which I’d never figure out how to use. But one, one peeked my interest, that was the GPS unit. Whether it’s a grander conspiracy to monitor my every activity, it would be handy to me now as I navigated my way through my blonde memoir adventures in the fairly enormous metropolis of Los Angeles. She needed a name, for when she gave me poor directions or let me in to heavy congestion, I could properly scold her. But what would I name her? Luckily my Monday left me with ample time for research and I stumbled very soon across Lucy Walker. Lucy Walker was a female explorer who, in the late 1800s, was the first to climb the Matterhorn (of Disneyland fame). When she learned her rival was planning to hike the Matterhorn, she raced to get up there first, clothed in a white dress.

During all this, she managed to live off a diet of cake and champagne.

One upping bitchy rivals while looking cute. Living off cake and champagne.

My kind of gal that Lucy Walker.

No comments: