Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Business Suit Meets The Bathing Suit

What interest do I have in Speedos? For one I was a swimmer, and two it's sort of what I do. So I try to take an active interest in the wide wide world of Olympic sports. The Speedo has evolved since it's barely there laughed at days. I see how it's funny, but it's a world that if you're part of, its not abnormal. Today in New York, Speedo launched their new suit, to debut at the Grand Prix in Columbia Missouri. A handful of swimmers were present for it's unveiling and sat with Matt Lauer on his couch, to talk about the suit and it's ability to navigate through the water faster than ever before. Matt Lauer, clothed in his very professional business suit sat to the right, the handful of swimmers to his left. I still haven't decided yet if a morning talk show is too early to see people in their bathing suit, or if Matt Lauer trying to hold a serious conversation with people only in bathing suits is what's funny.

But it was - funny that is.

No comments: