Monday, September 28, 2009

Dear Dodgers Stop Sucking

Comma.

You've had a September anyone would call a gift - finishing up the season playing the two worst teams in all of baseball. Aside from Capps and La Roche, the Pirates defense, and perhaps Adam Dunn, there's nothing complicated with winning the majority of these games. For a team with the best record in the national league, an almost shutout today, and the atrocity of yesterday - makes me livid. I won't anymore argue with those who say we won't make it through the first round of playoffs, because with you playing this way, they are right. You think you can beat the Cardinals or Phillies when you can't turn a simple double play from short? When the best closer gives up 4 runs in the home half of the 9th? When you commit little league errors at a demonic pace? No, you cannot.

I am a Jewish mother in training. I am a guilt giving, head shaking, stern looking giving, mother in training.

I have gone to your games when I've had no job at all and little disposable income. I've paid for your parking. I've bought your overpriced food. I have arrived in the 1st and stayed until close. I revolve my days around your schedule, checking the score in temple and other inappropriate occasions. I have returned from vacations early to be at your games. I sing the praises of the best team I've ever known, and why.

If I didn't think you'd like it, well I'd turn you all right around and give each and every one of you a spanking. It's September 28th. Stop sucking right this instant.

Respectfully,
Rebecca

1 comment:

Levi said...

I didn't think you would really take my comment to heart, but sometimes it's necessary to find a catharsis for the emotional roller coaster that is your favorite sports team.

But that is what makes sports great. When you can sit on the edge of your seat, hoping and praying that YOUR team, YOUR city, YOUR neighbor, YOUR friends, YOUR enemies, all get to share in a special moment: when everything becomes "right" in the world, even if it's just for a moment....

I'll leave you with this thought, even though you may be down on them today for not showing up to work: This team, like the team in '88 has not lost 3 games in a row, all season. They also have a penchant for dramatic victories, so I just can not wait until the playoffs to witness the magic one more time...