Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Greetings and salutations the fine readers of my internet blog. I’ve been well, living the dream, kicking it old school, etcetera etcetera. In this very special issue of what’s going on in the four corners of Rebecca’s life, we deal with such heavy topics as the delicious cookie I just ate for lunch to such lighter topics as – Manny Mania, the Olympics, and that letter I just got from the IRS.

“Hello and Good Afternoon Rebecca,

I hope you’re having a swell summer. Schucks we were just flipping through your taxes from a few years ago and it seems as though you just made a small little miscalculation, an oversight if you will, and you actually owe us some money – plus interest and penalties. Gosh we know we’re massive buzz kills so on and so forth the letter went.

Love Always,
The IRS”

It was nice and light just like that. However, I did paraphrase a bit for brevity’s sake.

Then there’s Manny Ramirez. Please hold while I consult these notes I have just here under my laptop, yes I’m seeing here it says we paid, where is it, it must be on that sheet of paper underneath that other chicken scratch, oh there it is – we paid, um, we paid nothing? I have been known to make small miscalculations as it pertains to taxes and such so I would not trust my fuzzy math. It’s true, a couple trades to Pittsburg, Boston keeps him on the payroll, and we reap the rewards. And by rewards I mean world series rings. I want one.

Lastly the Olympics start this Friday – 8/8/08. Or so they would like you to believe. They actually started today. Whoops, guess you missed that. The 8 thing is a promotional vehicle - catchy, campy, and lucky if you’re Chinese. I, through my employment opportunities, have become something of an idiot savant as far as the games go. My strengths lie in swim, gym, and track, but there’s a lot in the old noodle from judo to water polo, from Phelps genetic freakishness to Torres abs, including such highly relevant topics as how do those syncro swimmers keep that makeup on under water (answer: chapstick), how did China get the Olympics with it’s human rights “challenges” (answer: bribes), what’s new (answer: bmx and open water swimming), how do I see Amanda Beard naked again (answer: the new Peta ad), and what’s on its way out (answer: softball and baseball). Unqualified, without credentials, not there, and blogging without any consistency throughout the games, I will share with you my musings relevant and not.

Some little girls dream about performing in the Olympics, others writing about them on a free blogspot with no ad dollars and even less traffic.

Be bad, be very bad,
Rebecca

No comments: