Tuesday, December 11, 2007

An Anthem for our Age: A Party, and Nothing to Wear

Literally, nothing.

The Glendale Galleria is located in downtown Glendale, the second largest mall in Los Angeles County, and home to 220 stores and food shops. A virtual myriad of options. Just nothing that necessarily fancied me. It all turned in to a hazy shade of winter as the bangles would harmonize and hours and lines of aging which may see no turning back - til I would find just the thing. Yes, it wasn't what I had imagined - but it would do. "A solid 7" as my friends would say.

I took my bags and left, unsure of the time, or how I'd gotten there. I'd been sucked in to a vortex of marginally successful mall shopping and it had left me devoid of willingness to live - a fragile shell of what once was.

Finding my car seemed reasonable. But where had I parked?

Where
had
I
parked
it.

I would come to eventually find the goddamn thing in a cold scary parking lot sitting, weeping, by itself, and make my way to internet access to post this tale - but the trauma, that would take time to work through. For me, and the car.

If only I could call in "nothing to wear" as opposed to the traditional "sick", I wouldn't have to put myself in such haphazardness.

Sigh.

No comments: