Monday, November 5, 2007

Rebecca's Mom Dates On The Internet

I get it, half of everyone's parents split. It blows, you cry, you're kinda resentful for a while, you play them off each other when you're a teenager to get the new Nintendo and see R movies, but eventually you get over it. You grow up, you want your parents to be happy, and you succumb to the inevitable - they will start dating again. Dating is just so ugly that must be why it usually happens to your parents before you get here. But I'm lucky enough to see it now in all it's glory.
So my mom is dating again. She's slimming down, toning up, having coffee dates, buying cute minis - I'm happy for her. Honestly. A few weeks ago she joined jdate. What really could go wrong?

*ring ring*

Mom: "Rebecca - I need you to come over right after work. I accidentally indicated woman seeking woman when I filled out the profile thingy, and I can't get all these women to stop writing to me."

Yes, what could go wrong?