Monday, August 6, 2007

Today I had banana pudding.

Today I had banana pudding. My friend suggested it. I ate my share. And I'm here to provide to her a full report on my thoughts.

As a fan of the banana, it's difficult to do it injustice. It's simply perfect in just about anything, pudding not excluded.

This pudding in particular sees it's origins in a quaint Memphis bbq establishment in Santa Monica California named Baby Blues. Baby Blues not only knows bbq, it knows pudding.

My banana pudding, from the first cracking of the container, explodes with a full sensory experience. It's coloring, yellow easy on the eyes. It's texture, plump and squishy with rolling valleys of banana chunks. It's smell – it takes one to an entire pasture of freshly ripened organic bananas. Tasting it was only just one last bit of pleasure of the banana pudding experience.

Today I had banana pudding.